September 23, 2010

Rainbow Colors

Once upon a time the colors of the world started to quarrel.
All claimed that they were the best. The most important, the most useful, the most beautiful and the favorite.

Green said:
"Clearly I am the most important. I am the sign of life and of hope."
Blue interrupted:
"Without my peace, you would all be nothing."
Yellow chuckled:
"You are all so serious. I bring laughter, gaiety, and warmth into the world."
Orange started next to blow her trumpet:
"I am the color of health and strength. I may be scarce, but I am precious for I serve the needs of human life."
Red could stand it no longer he shouted out:
"I am the ruler of all of you. I am blood - life's blood!I am the color of danger and of bravery."
Purple rose up to his full height:
"I am the color of royalty and power."


Indigo spoke, much more quietly than all the others. But with just as much determination:
"Think of me. I am the color of silence.
You hardly notice me, but without me you all become superficial."

In the midst of the clamor, the Rain began to speak:
"You foolish colors, fighting amongst yourselves, each trying to dominate the rest. Don't you know that you were each made for a special purpose, unique and different? Join hands with one another and come to me."
"From now on, when it rains, each of you will stretch across the sky. In a great bow of color as a reminder that you can all live in peace. The Rainbow is a sign of hope for tomorrow."

And so, whenever a good rain-washes the world and a Rainbow appears in the sky, is to let us remember to appreciate one another.

0 comments: